Gotham Greens is seeking an energetic and passionate Regional Sales Manager for its retail channel who will drive strategic growth and revenue generation for the company's key customers as we open our California greenhouse. This role will be responsible for the acquisition and day to day management of key sales opportunities to increase product distribution and partnerships on the west coast. The individual will maintain frequent contact with current and prospective key accounts to be the lead point of contact for all key account matters, anticipate the customers needs and work internally within the company to ensure the customers' needs are being met. This position is ideally based remotely in California with flexibility to travel all over the west coast to meet with key customers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens core values and mission. Experience in organic/natural/perimeter and key west coast retailers is preferred. As well as history within fresh produce or perishables. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, analytical, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company focused on improving the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
- Grow topline revenue, profit, and market share by proactively identifying strategic and long-term growth and profit opportunities for key accounts.
- Work with the sales leadership team to determine and manage product pricing and trade spend in alignment with the company's sales strategy and proactively track progress toward operational goals.
- Develop trusting relationships between key clients and the company.
- Develop new contacts and maintain customer relationships throughout the retail channel to increase Gotham Greens brand visibility and drive new placements.
- Sustain and grow business with existing customers.
- Manage all communication between key accounts and internal teams.
- Work closely with the marketing department to ensure success at key retailers.
- Manage relationships with field representatives and shopper marketing teams to drive successful product placement and build relationships with key national accounts.
- Partner with the marketing department to ideate and execute consumer-facing marketing plans relevant to the retail channel.
- Prepare and deliver effective sales materials for account presentations.
- Analyze syndicated data and incorporate that information into sales pitches and presentations to secure business and favorable margins with key accounts.
- Participate in industry initiatives, including trade and food shows and conferences.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Negotiate key account contracts to align the customers' needs with the company's sales strategy.
- Enter and update customer records in CRM software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Think strategically to drive sales results.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Work collaboratively internally with Sales team and externally with Key Accounts.
- Identify and analyze areas of the sales process for continuous improvement.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Adhere to and represent the core values of Gotham Greens.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 7 years of sales experience in the food industry.
- Must have prior experience calling on the leading national and regional retailers, distributors, and operators.
- Knowledge of key account contacts in the retail industry.
- Experience in key account management.
- Experience in cold calling, networking, and lead generation, all with the ability to capture and close new business.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of syndicated data.
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision (some weekends and nights required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient and computer literate SaaS digital tools such as MS Office, Teams, Salesforce, Asana, etc.
- A Bachelors degree in business, food science, or related degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Understands the culture of a rapidly growing disrupter brand
- Ability to travel to key accounts, company office locations, as well as adaptability to the current Work from Home environment
- Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company's next phase of growth.