Kettle Cuisine. Imagine a company full of people who are so passionate about making and delivering delicious food, that it has become their career. That's us; and it could be you! Join us to find your career in food! Kettle Cuisine handcrafts small batch, all natural soups, sauces, sous vide meats, glace, demi-glace and entrees from scratch for restaurants, foodservice operators and grocery retailers who take pride in the food they share with guests.
The primary role of the Environmental, Health and Safety Manger (EH&S Manager) will be to establish and enforce safety and health policies/standards, and standard loss prevention polices for the multi-facility operations at four Kettle Cuisine facilities. The EH&S Manager at Kettle Cuisine – Everett oversees the Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Programs along with managing the covered process safety of highly hazardous chemicals for the facility. Ensures, promotes, and continuously strives for a safe, secure, and healthy environment company-wide, while monitoring compliance of all applicable laws.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manger (EH&S Manager) will ensure the safety vision, goals and daily mission of our Kettle Cuisine Safety Culture is understood, embraced, and communicated to achieve a sustainable safety culture. Included in the role is development and implementation of Kettle security, safety and health related projects, programs, objectives and training, as well as, monitoring programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations of federal/state agencies, local/corporate initiatives and other parties such as insurance providers. As a leader for this function, the manager will provide coaching and direction to all leadership and safety staff on policy interpretation, driving decisions to meet legislative requirements as well as establishing company policy requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
The EH&S Manager will develop and implement a company-wide Behavior Based Safety program. As the EH&S Manager, the primary goal is to ensure that all employees, contractors, visitors and immediate neighbors are able to go home after work to their family, safe. In order to accomplish this goal, the EH&S Manager promotes a safety culture based on a behavior based safety observations and by constantly identifying, assessing and acting to reduce hazards in the workplace and. By continuously improving the safety culture and conditions in and around the workplace, accidents will be limited.
As the Process Safety Manager of hazardous chemicals, the primary role is to ensure that the design process is in a consistent and safe zone. As a pro-active manager, it is necessary to constantly examine the process, identify and act on potential weaknesses, and reducing potential accidents.
- Develop and lead cultural transformation with respect to safety through implementation of a behavior based safety program across the business
- Reduction of hazards and risks
- Hazard and risk analysis/ Improvement of audit scores
- Reduction of accidents/ improvement of scores
- Ensures secure facility access and monitoring of facility camera program and footage
- Track, develop, report and administer key metrics in the area of safety incidents and worker’s compensation claim experience
- Participate in the investigation of accidents, injuries, theft and security breaches to determine root cause and future means of prevention
- Primary contact for Worker’s Compensation carrier in order to investigate, report and follow-up on Worker’s Compensation claims and return to work programs
- Analyze OSHA and Workers’ Compensation injury and illness records to direct the implementation of specific loss prevention programs to prevent reoccurrence
- Lead a robust and active Safety Committee(s)
- Insure regular and on-going health and safety activities are conducted and followed through on (i.e., weekly and annual internal audits, daily safety topic at employee huddles, PPE checks, etc.)
- Develop, implement and enhance the employee's’ ability to eliminate and control work related injuries and illnesses and damage to company property through assessment, coaching and training
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the Kettle leadership teams promote a successful safety attitude, confidence in leadership’s commitment to safety, and teamwork to achieve improved results
- Manage initiatives that drive improvements in Health and Safety compliance and performance across the operation
- Develop, implement, conduct and maintain plant safety training programs; ensure the establishment and maintenance of complete safety and training records
- Monitor developing EH&S federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and risk initiatives; analyze potential impacts to business system operations; provide senior management with recommendations and approach as appropriate
- Lead cross-site Kettle staff for the identification, development and implementation of EH&S and security goals and strategic vision for all Kettle sites
- Oversees contractor safety programs and related performance
- Participates in company-wide special projects as required
- All other duties as assigned