The Mooring is looking for a Sous Chef to join the team.
Since 1981, The Mooring has provided our guests with warm hospitality, crafted beverages and ‘top-of-the catch’ seafood. Throughout our indoor and outdoor dining options, diners enjoy panoramic sunsets and nautical views over Narragansett Bay. In the warmer weather, our mahogany planked patio floating over the harbor is the perfect, relaxed atmosphere for outdoor dining. The Mooring is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group!
About the POSITION: The Sous Chef will be part of a passionate culinary team and will work with the Executive Chef to oversee and lead the daily operations.
About YOU: You have a passion for cooking, ingredients, and technique. This position is perfect for a motivated individual with management and interpersonal skills.
- Daily management of kitchen operations and coordination of all kitchen activities including private dining
- Daily monitoring of prep production and quality checks of all mise en place prior to service
- Ensures a quality guest experience through oversight of employees preparing and cooking food
- Ongoing development and of BOH employees and kitchen supervisory positions
- Assist with inventory and purchasing/storage
- Production of daily specials
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation - $62,000 - $68,000 / year depending on experience
- Sick, Holiday, and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Short term disability (MA only)
- Great 401k match
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk spot options
- Fully paid BJ’s membership
- Manager’s Dining Card
ABOUT Newport Restaurant Group: We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you’ll not just be an employee — you’ll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there’s no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.