Technical skillset: This position requires training in several systems. You will receive training and must be comfortable with using the following:
- Girl Scouts Volunteer Systems (SalesForce 2.0)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams
- Digital media: video posting/editing, social media posting/editing, email marketing platforms (SalesForce Marketing Cloud)
- Zoom, GoToMeeting, Looker, gsLearn, gsConnect,
- Adobe Experience Manager (web editor), Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite
- Asana (project management)
- Rallyhood (internal member portal)
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field required
- At least five years of experience writing communications intended to promote programs or services
- Strong, editing, proofreading, and writing skills using the Chicago Manual of Style. Ability to write for a variety of audiences and for multiple channels including website, email, social media, and printed collateral
- Experience with website management and functionality, and writing for the web; experience with social media functionality.
- Ability to project manage campaigns and deliverables from staff and contractors according to deadlines.
- Experience with Asana or other project management systems preferred.
- Able to steward, grow and protect the Girl Scout brand.
- Demonstrates an ability to work collaboratively with others and cultivate and manage relationships to succeed in common goals.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace the Girl Scouts mission, goals, values, and council-driven programs
- Valid California drivers license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- Available for council-required events throughout the year
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless a qualifying medical or religious exemption is needed
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Must have access to reliable transportation; position may include some work-related travel.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel, including some overnight travel as needed (approximately 3 times per year).
Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community, I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.