Eliminating racism and empowering women is the mission of the YWCA Nashville. Work with us and receive:
*10 Paid Holidays *Employer Paid Medical *Employer Paid Long Term Disability *Parental Leave
*2 Floating Holidays *Employer Paid Vision *Employer Paid $25K Life *Health Reimbursement
The Event Manager is a key member of the Development team and works on the implementation of all YWCA development strategies and events. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Development Events, this person will manage key aspects of events, and coordinates with YWCA Departmental Leadership to provide information for reporting and tracking of donor activity as it relates to development events. This role records, maintains and reports on all data related to departmental event activities, including donor and event records, files, and databases.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, team members, immediate supervisor, leadership, and executive leadership teams.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with existing donors & sponsors, event vendors, volunteers, and agency partners.
- Assists with logistics and correspondence for YWCA events and dinners
a. Tracks all expenses and revenues for each event and generates reports after each event to include expenses, revenues, attendance, sponsorships, etc.
b. Assist with online event registration, seating charts, food and beverage, set-up/tear-down, A/V, technology, rentals, licenses, in-kind donations, etc.
- Manages key elements of event donor and attendance data entry, donor acknowledgements, and donor contact reports ensuring a high level of accuracy and donor satisfaction and maintains constituent records in Raiser’s Edge under the supervision of the Sr. Manager of Donor Services.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Development Events and Director of Community Engagement, assists with special projects and recruits, coordinates, manages, and recognizes volunteer needs related to events. Leads elements of Wine Women & Shoes such as Key to the Closet, Wall of Wine, and Marketplace.
- Oversees event promotion including managing relationships with PR firms as well as print and digital media partners
- Assists Sr. Director of Development Events in working with production firms for AWA and WWS managing key elements for each event.
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications and ensures distribution of social media promotions for all development activities.
- Maintains database and current documentation of volunteer records, ensuring compliance with funder requirements.
- Provides event data for sponsor stewardship reports to ensure a high level of donor satisfaction.
- Supports the Senior Director of Giving in leading the YWCA Junior Board Committee, managing activities including recruitment, orientation, annual planning, and staffing the President and Executive Committee.
- Assists fundraising efforts including direct mail campaigns, digital media campaigns and individual giving opportunities.
- Prepares presentations, materials, and reports to support development efforts.
- Represents YWCA with a high level of integrity and professionalism, and supports management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Participates in overall department planning.
- Solicits and manages in-kind donations.