Airport Security Officer Qualifications/Requirements
Successful candidates with be motivated self-starters able to maintain situational awareness and vigilance in a fast-paced airport environment.
This position requires you to obtain Airport Badging and The Department of Homeland Security requires an extensive background check to obtain badging which include 10-year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, credit, education, and personal references. Also, must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration
- Proficient in the use of radio and telephone communications equipment and procedures
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a valid State Security License
- Must have a valid Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Upon hire, must provide proof of legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to effectively speak, write, and understand the English language
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to pass all initial and recurrent training classes and exams as administered by Global Security and Airport Authority
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to distinguish all colors in bright and low light conditions, and have vision correctable to 20/20
- Be able to climb inside, around and under vehicles to conduct inspections
- Work independently and make sound decisions based upon limited information
- Retain detailed information from post orders, briefings, and communications to effectively maintain security at assigned locations
Language Skills: English Proficiency required (reading, writing, and speaking)
Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments, and involves exposure to noise, chemical, and other contaminants, moving mechanical hazards, and extremes of temperature and weather conditions. Must have sufficient visual acuity, with or without corrective lenses; sufficient auditory ability, with or without audio logical devices; able to tolerate exposure to noise levels up to 120 decibels; capable of being on ones feet for extended periods of time and lifting 50 pounds unassisted.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and cognitive requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines possibly on uneven terrain.
- Must exhibit sound judgment and decision making
- They must have the ability to follow directions and outlined procedures
- Must comply with HR, legal, and ethical policies
- Must include appropriate people in decision making
- Ability to prioritize effectively
Global provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.