Golf Shop Attendant
Part Time – Hourly $15
This position is responsible for the execution of day-to-day Golf Shop Operations. Duties include point of sale related tasks in the golf shop including booking tee times, greeting, and checking in guests, maintaining golf shop displays and promoting the golf course programs and services.
- Prior golf related experience ideal.
- Excellent Communication skills required.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift 25lbs and bend while performing work duties.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform tasks outside and inside.
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision and be enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Efficient use of point of sale to make reservations and check in guests in a very fast paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of cash handling and credit card processing.
- Basic understanding of golf course layout and rules of golf.
- Basic understanding of Pro Shop Merchandise and product sales.
- May be required to help with Junior Golf and other golf related programming.
- May be required to help with Cottonwood Lodge operations.
- Communicates district policies, promotions, and programs to our guests.
- Works closely with Outside Services staff, Concessions staff and Golf Professionals to prepare and conduct tournaments.
- Maintains good personal hygiene, reports to work wearing a clean, neat uniform that follows uniform standards.
- Ensures a clean and orderly work environment inside and the surrounding area of the Pro Shop.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Must be able to perform a varied work schedule: nights, weekends and holidays are required.
- May be bending, stooping, squatting, walking standing throughout shift.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather may also be from extreme cold to extreme heat.
This job description may be amended from time to time and is established by Hyland Hills Park & Recreation District. The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to outline the basic requirements, duties, and general responsibilities of the position. This position is "at will", which means the District may terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any or no reason, subject only to the requirements of Federal and State law. Similarly, the employee may terminate the employment relationship without notice at any time for any or no reason.