A Specialist Quotation Region is responsible for generating, tracking and communicating quoting activities for new and existing customers. Responsibilities include facilitating quoting activities, facilitating inputs, ensuring manufacturability, managing projects, and adhering to documentation within customer RFQ packages as well as company processes. The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge and working background in automotive manufacturing and economics, component level technical understanding and have excellent internal supplier relations skills including negotiating and follow-up.
- Ensure continual improvement of quoting process for assigned projects.
- Interface with Sales Team in order to obtain appropriate customer files and documents associated with RFQ request.
- Interface with RFQ Core Team in order to analyze production requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of a project and development plan.
- Ensure that products are quoted accurately to support development and production implementation.
- Process production, engineering, purchasing and quality inputs to quotes.
- Ensure data is complete, accurate, and meets department requirements.
- Drive quote start, creation, and submission to sales with the appropriate Sales Manager.
- Report on status of quotes including turnaround times and success rates to RFQ Manager.
- Implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency or not related to this classification on occasion.