Full - time
Financial Service Supervisor
Job Summary: Responsible for the expedient and accurate posting of payments received
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Payment Entry:
- Completes payment entry in a timely and accurate manner including:
- Posts payments to practice management system
- Records batch totals with date and initials on payment receipt spreadsheet
- Balances batches and runs transaction reports
- Verifies all EFT deposits and scanned checks have been posted by month end
- Properly communicates and documents payment denials in the practice management system and to the appropriate billing representative in a timely manner.
- Identifies any payments not being paid at the allowed/contracted amount and communicates this to the appropriate person
- Batches patient statements electronically on a weekly basis
- Candidates must be able to work with high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail and
accuracy and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills required to operate practice management system
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of one year of medical billing experience required.