Headquartered in beautiful Santa Monica, WISE & Healthy Aging is committed to serving older adults at all stages of their lives from pre-retirement through elder years, caregivers and their families, senior services organizations as well as others who share our passion and commitment to making a difference in the lives of older adults. WISE & Healthy Aging has received numerous designations of excellence from Guide Star, GREATNONPROFITS, and NCQA Case Management for Long Term Services & Support. It is nationally certified as a Great Place to Work.
- POSITION SUMMARY (Part-time, Monday - Friday, 10 am - 2pm)
The coordinator is responsible for coordinating weekday congregate meals (WISE Diner) for older adults. In this role, the coordinator will perform daily set-up, serving, and cleaning the diner facility. Meal service is provided at two locations in Santa Monica. The coordinator may be assigned to either place on any given day. Position may also engage in support for transportation and mobility services (MODE).
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide weekday meal service for older adults, including setting up (no cooking), presentation, and distribution to diners. Includes set up of food warmers, temperature checks, and sanitizing kitchen space.
Ensure all members attending the diner are checked in and have reservations. This includes scanning in members, confirming they are Santa Monica residents, and providing information about membership requirements and application.
Ensure kitchen and diner are clean before, during, and after meal service. It is essential to ensure the kitchen is clean and thoroughly sanitized. You need to clean each work surface before and after use and sweep and mop the floor before the end of your shift. Other cleaning tasks include taking out the trash, washing dishes and flatware, and sanitizing cutting boards after each use.
Ensure supplies are stocked. You will need to help unload deliveries and ensure they are appropriately stored. This includes placing food in the kitchen, storeroom, and cold storage. You also need to bring supplies and food to the kitchen when needed.
Provide exemplary customer service with warmth, tact, diplomacy, and patience to members, staff, volunteers, vendors, community organizations, and the general public.
Some other duties and responsibilities may include monitoring inventory and reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
May provide other support as needed among the programs in WISE & Healthy Aging
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to set up and take-down tables and chairs as needed.
- Assist with keeping the area within the Diner, the Club, elevator, and outside the agency clean, as assigned.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of High School Diploma. I prefer a minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Ability to pass the online Basic Food Handling course.
- Reliability - It is essential to show up on time and stay until the end.
- Customer service - Being polite and friendly when interacting with members is essential.
- Must be a self-starter, professional demeanor with a positive attitude, flexible, adaptable with exemplary customer service skills.
- Good communication skills
- Good judgment while working with members and volunteers
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check
- Fingerprints must be submitted upon hire and pass criminal clearance checks
- Position requires being on one’s feet, bending, and moving around frequently throughout the work shift; ability to move and lift 25 pounds
VI. WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is housed in the corporate office of WISE & Healthy Aging and Reed Park, both in Santa Monica, California.
If you want to be a part of a great team, we offer a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package. For employees who regularly work 30 or more hours per week, benefits include 80% company-paid medical, 100% company-paid dental, life, and vision (optional), 401(k) plan with competitive employer match, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 11 paid holidays, plus a generous paid-time-off (PTO) plan. (This position is 20 hours per week)