A Sully's employee is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to our loyal customers. Basic duties include working the cash register while multi-tasking various duties such as cleaning and stocking; all while maintaining an upbeat attitude with a smile :)
Sully's is a local, family owned small business operating gas stations & convenience stores in Bakersfield, CA.
We are seeking Happy, Hardworking, and Energetic people to join us in our Fast Paced & FUN Environment!
* Starting at $15.50 per hour
* Additional, incremental wage potential within 1st year!
* Weekly Paycheck
* Part Time Hours Available, Full Time Hours Earned
* Advancement Opportunities
* Competitive Health Benefits Package
* Discounts on Store Merchandise & Gasoline
* (Earn an additional $1.50 per hour for Overnight hours worked between 10pm-6:30am)
Sully's Promotes from Within! - If you are interested in becoming a Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, or Store Manager, you can quickly grow in our company :)
* Maintains cheerful, friendly attitude at all times.
* Works well with others, is able to take orders and follow instruction.
* Keeps calm under pressure and excels in fast paced environments.
* Can Multi-task and accomplish duties in an expedited fashion.
* Provides sincere customer service while accurately transacting sales of fuel and merchandise.
* Maintains clean and safe work premises in accordance with company standards.
* Performs routine cleaning, stocking and merchandising as instructed by management.
* Multiple Locations Available
Sully's Coffee - 6009 Coffee Rd.
Sully's Ming - 11400 Ming Ave.
Sully's Olive - 9709 Olive Dr.
Ming Chevron - 6601 Ming Ave.
Sully's Stockdale - 250 Coffee Rd.
Sully's Buena Vista - 4833 Buena Vista Rd.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and stay busy in a fast-paced environment.
* Arithmetic skills to accomplish customer transactions.
* Professional handling of customer needs.
* Capable of learning cash register and lotto machine functions
* Reliably ring up transactions accurately and balance drawer
* Frequent bending, twisting and ability to lift at least 50lbs. in narrow spaces.
* Ability to work unaccompanied, standing for prolonged periods and without defined break periods.
* Able to accomplish continued indoor/outdoor cleaning & merchandise/supplies stocking schedules.
* Ability to work for prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34 degrees.
* Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of the day.
* Ability to speak professionally and have telephone interaction with Customers, Vendors and office personnel.
* A set of Uniform shirts are provided after the 90 day probationary period.
* Once provided, uniform shirts are laundered weekly and maintained by the company.
* Until a uniform shirt is issued, new hires will be provided an apron or loaner shirt(s).
* A solid color (blue, red, or white) polo or button down shirt is required to wear underneath the apron.
* Employees are required to wear a belt.
* Employees are required to provide their own pants.
* Pants or shorts must be solid blue, tan, or black (no cargo). Levi pants are allowed but restrictions do apply.
* Neat uniform appearance and good personal hygiene must be maintained.
* Bright artificial hair colors & excessive facial piercings are discouraged and may require approval from HR
* Reasonable effort must be made to conceal any visible tattoos.
* Reliable transportation
* Punctual and able for work on all shifts as assigned, at any of our store locations.
* Well-organized approach to work and maintenance of work areas.
* Courteous, business-like contact with co-workers, customers, vendors, and community at large.
* Good communication skills & a team player in the workplace.